Telephone Investigation and Interviewing
Telephone Investigation and Interviewing Course
Tuesday, 13th June 2017
Regency Hotel, Queens Promenade, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM2 4NN
Early Bird Saving – £175+vat for bookings before end of April
Delegate Booking – £195+vat for bookings on or after 1st May 2017
There are many circumstances in which investigations and interviews are carried out. The pace and complexity of today’s world often means that these important tasks are carried out over the telephone. This presents many challenges for the investigator.
The responsibility to gather the most accurate and complete information does not change but the challenges in achieving this certainly do.
The Sancus one day Telephone Investigation and Interviewing Course delivers the basics of carrying out an investigation but focuses on inquiries carried out over the telephone.
The course will cover:
- Investigation Techniques – recognising the importance of conducting a balanced, timely and proportionate investigation.
- Understanding what you need to prove when investigating – Points to Prove
- PEACE Interviewing – general overview to the whole process of investigative interviewing. This is appropriate to face to face interviews and telephone interviewing.
- Planning for an interview using the 9 square grid
- Preparing for the interview – you and the interviewee
- Explaining to the interviewee what is going to happen and how to use a ‘verbal contract’ to assist you when the interviewee is disruptive.
- How to challenge inconsistencies effectively
- The importance of evaluation of both the content and your performance
- Cognitive Interviewing – maximising the information from a witness interview
- Management of the Conversation – getting the most from a subject/suspect interview
- Memory and its importance in an interview
Who should attend:
- Anyone whose role involves carrying out interviews or investigations over the telephone
- Public and private sector investigators
- Those with a responsibility for onboarding clients