Being taken through the Criminal Justice System can be a stressful and frustrating time for victims, witnesses and their families and Witness Care must be at the forefront of an investigators concern.
Investigators can reduce this stress and frustration by taking extra care and also by making use of the many measures and processes that are available to give witnesses the support and protection they deserve.
The Sancus one day Witness Care course is delivered by recently retired Detective Superintendent Eddie Thistlewthaite OBE. Eddie developed and delivered this training whilst serving and hundreds of front line police officers and staff have benefited from its content. The course explains the measures available, it is enlivened by use of real life case examples.
What does the Family Liaison/ Witness Care/ Restorative Justice Course deliver?
This one day course covers the following areas:
- Witness Care Packages and Plans
- Witness and Victim Special Measures
- Use of Anonymity Orders
- Family Liaison Strategy
- Court Preparation and IT Evidential Delivery
- Preparing and NOT coaching Witnesses for Giving Evidence
- Victim Personal Statements
- Use of Restorative Justice
The Target Audience:
- Court Officers
- Probation Service
- Prison Officers
- Front line police officers and supervisors or police staff as part of their team training days.
- Investigators from oversight bodies from the police or partner agencies.
Sue Clarke the Head of Crime for Lancashire Constabulary states
“Eddie Thistlethwaite is a vastly experienced senior investigating officer who developed the Constabularies expertise in family liaison and victim support for many years and inventively used the Victim Personal Statement and Restorative Justice processes to further support relatives through the most testing of times and help bring closure.”