Coronial Death – Decision Making
Early Attenders at Sudden Deaths Course
The initial response to a sudden death is a vital first step in the process of ensuring the matter is investigated thoroughly, proportionately, and above all, in a sensitive manner.
Sancus Solutions has designed a one day course to support early decision making in the event of a coronial or unexplained death. The input is fully compliant with College of Policing policies such as the Murder Investigation Manual and Practice Advice on Core Investigative Doctrine.
For HM Coroners, police, doctors, paramedics and other health professionals involved in decision making about unexplained or coronial deaths, training is essential. These important roles demand knowledge, experience and professionalism between key partner agencies.
The course is designed and presented by Eddie Thistlethwaite OBE a hugely experienced Senior Investigating Officer. It has been delivered to hundreds of front line police officers and key partner agency staff such as coroners officers, doctors, paramedics, prison officers and health professionals.
The course equips delegates to work in teams to implement and record robust and effective decision making that is key to such professional investigations. It takes a partnership approach from initial scene management, through file preparation, to inquest attendance.
What does the Coronial Death Decision Making Course deliver?
This one day course covers the following areas:
- Role of HM Coroner, police and partner agencies
- Scene Management
- Key Decision Making
- Family Liaison and witness care
- File and Inquest preparation
- Giving Evidence
Who Should Attend?
- Coroners Officers
- Front line police officers or police staff.
- Policing supervisors who may be required to take command of unexplained deaths
- Any partner agency such as prison officers, doctors, paramedics and other health or social care professionals who may be the first on the scene of such incidents or make decisions on such deaths
- Investigators from oversight bodies from the police or partner agencies.
For any enquiries please contact us and our senior course trainer Eddie Thistlethwaite will be pleased to arrange a consultation.