Investigative Skills Training
Sancus Investigative Skills training courses can be delivered as either a one day introductory course or a five day comprehensive package – either can be tailored to your organisations needs.
The one day investigative skills course provides delegates with an overview of investigative considerations, guidance and practice in relation to a criminal investigation from receipt of information to presentation at court.
By the end of the one day course course students will be able to;
- Identify key principles and ethics to be applied when conducting an investigation.
- Outline key legislation and guidance.
- Demonstrate within a case study scenario an awareness of investigative strategies, priorities and investigative actions.
- Describe the PEACE model and how this may be used to interview victims, witnesses and offenders.
- Outline the evidential standards required for charging
- Identify court structures, protocols and practice when giving evidence at court.
The five day course is a comprehensive five-day programme, that will equip a new or trainee investigator with the skills necessary to undertake a professional investigation that will withstand scrutiny in a court or tribunal.
The comprehensive five day course covers the following areas, but these can be altered to suite your neeeds. The broad topics covered will include:
Planning An Investigation
- Principles & Ethics
- Key Legislation & Guidance
- Investigative Priorities & Practice
- Roles, responsibilities & staffing
- National Decision-Making Model
- Initial Response
- Crime Scene Management
- Investigative Options & Strategies
- Policy logs & Record Keeping
- Search, Strategy & Exhibit Handling
- Investigative Interviewing planning & strategy
- PEACE Model Interviewing victims
- PEACE Model Interviewing witnesses
- PEACE Model Interviewing suspects
- Statement taking
- Supervision & monitoring of interviews
Preparation & Presentation of Evidence at Court
- Court structure, process & protocols
- Presentation of evidence at court guidance
- Live stream virtual Courtroom experience
- Live stream Cross Examination of Evidence
A one day, online investigative skills training course, delivered via Zoom.
Dates to be confirmed
For more information and to book your place click on the link below.
“In House” Training
Our 5-day Investigative Skills Training Course can be delivered for your organisation, at a venue of your choice and for up to 12 delegates.
Because of the specialist nature of this training it is beneficial for us to discuss your exact needs and requirements.
Please contact us and our senior course trainer will be pleased to arrange a consultation.
Of course, each organisation’s investigative training needs differ and Sancus are able to offer a bespoke course, built up of investigative modules that cover any of the investigative training subjects we deliver. The process starts with a client consultation to determine the exact requirements of their organisation with our lead trainers and the selection of those modules that are a priority for their organisation to ensure training aims and objectives are met.
A scenario of a situation typical to the client’s investigators is developed and created and delegates work through this for the duration of the course. The focus is on interactive delivery utilising this scenario.
Because of the specialist nature of this training it is beneficial for us to discuss your exact needs and requirements. Please contact us and our senior course trainer will be pleased to arrange a consultation. We look forward to talking to you.