Family Liaison Coordinator Training
Planned Family Liaison Coordinator Training
- Monday 2nd, Tuesday 3rd and Wednesday 4th March 2019
- Slater & Gordon Offices, Birmingham
- 3 Day
- Cost per Delegate – £475+vat
- Discount available for Charities
**Early Booking Discount Applies – see below**
Use the discount code SaveFLC2020 at the checkout before 1st February 2020 for a 5% discount
Family Liaison Officers are typically deployed to support families in cases of homicide, fatal road traffic collisions, natural disasters, fatal fires and workplace deaths. The principles of family liaison support are also frequently used to help others affected by the incident such as first responders and work colleagues. The coordination and management of FLO’s is crucial to ensuring the demands of this role are met.
As a matter of good practice forces should consider appointing a dedicated Family Liaison Coordinator.
The role of the Family Liaison Coordinator includes;
- Providing a support point for SIO’s
- Co-ordinating FLO deployments
- Providing support and advice for FLO’s
- Maintaining an FLO deployment register
- Providing an independent channel for FLO debriefings
- Liaising and sharing good FLO practice
- Promoting and facilitating FLO peer support
- Monitoring mandatory welfare support
Sancus training delivers the skills and knowledge required in the critical role of a Family Liaison Coordinator; a specialist post within the police service. However, this role is now frequently called upon within other organisations, such as the Fire and Rescue Service, Ambulance Service, the Armed Forces, HM Prison Service, Healthcare, Local Authorities and the private sector.
Family Liaison Coordinator training – Our Expert
Family Liaison Coordinator Training is delivered by Cheryl Pinner who is one of the countries most experienced practitioners and trainers. Cheryl spent many years of her distinguished police career carrying out the role of Family Liaison Officer. Cheryl’s expertise and specialist knowledge resulted in her being deployed in 7/7 bombings, interviewing high profile cases such as Ian Huntley and Professor Stephen Hawkings and subsequently receiving a number of national awards and commendations for the roles undertaken.
What does the Sancus Family Liaison Coordinator Training course cover?
- The course will cover role of the Family Liaison Coordinator and Family Liaison Officer.
- Strategies, tasking, briefing and deployments,
- Grief and bereavement
- Record keeping, log books and intel
- The role of coroners officer/coroner
- Role of Media,
- Disaster Victim Identification, forms and primary indicators
- Exit strategies, welfare and debrief
Who Should attend the Sancus Family Liaison Coordinator Training course?
- Police Services
- Emergency Services including Fire and Rescue, and Ambulance Staff
- Local Authorities
- HM Prison Service
- UK Border Agency
- Private Sector Companies
Manchester City Council – March 2018
“Really useful course delivered in such an interesting way it kept me engaged the whole time.”
Humberside F&RS – December 2017
“The course was very informative and hugely enjoyable due to the extensive experience of the instructor, along with her ability to tell an engaging story while keeping it relevant to the course.“
“Really good insight into the role of the FLO , the background was very helpful and very well facilitated.”